Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, January 9, 2015

January 4th, 2015 Letter

I got a chance to get interviewed by a member of the 70. His name is President Funk. He randomly interviewed me after our conference and he told me to tell you thank you for raising a great son like me.

NEW Years!! Wahoo!! Well first, I hope you know it is really hard to find people to teach during holidays because no one is home and no one wants to make appointments!! But overall it was a really fun end of the year. We had a little ward party but we had to go home at 9:30... sad... but at around 12:00 we went on the top of our roof and watched all the crazy fireworks!! Let's just say the Indonesians know how to do fireworks!!!! It was amazing!!!! All around us were hundreds of really big fireworks!! That ended a really great year!

I am looking forward to a whole year in the country that I love. I know this is the place that I am supposed to be. I have had that testified to me time and time again! These people are amazing!! I know that I have been called here to help them!! I cannot believe that it has already been 6 months... I am not even close to finished with everything I want to do here!! I am darn exited about the chance I have to share the gospel here!!

Let us talk about "normal people" - you know, the ones that have normal questions, that are very nice, and wonder why two white kids are trying to give them gospel. These type of people think, "Wow! If these kids think this is so important that they want to give two years of their life maybe I should see if this is important to my life!!" Well we had a great blessing to meet with a lot of "normal" people this week that have started learning!

Things that made me smile:

1) Fireworks!! I love seeing some big, loud, fireworks in celebration! Because, for the most part, it's awesome!!

2) Seafood!!! It is so good here!! You can get crab and shrimp off the side of the road!! Yes, it is not safe.. but that's food places here.. so good!!

3) Members!! I have become family with a lot of the members here and I love them!!! They always are so good to us!!

HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH

No comments:

Post a Comment