Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 18th, 2015 Letter

I know that God knows us. I have seen him work in every little thing in my life! He doesn't do this with an overall helping power, but he knows us just like you know your children. I am a different person. I know that but I know that God loves me for my silliness and my personality and that will never change! I know I have not reached my potential. I feel this more and more as I work to become the man he wants me to be! And when I look at the person I used to be I can't even believe that I have changed so much!

I am getting to that point on my mission where you realize that you really haven't seen so many people that used to be such a big part of your life before the mission. But now I haven't seen them for 6 months; but I can still love them from half way across the world!

Story: We got a referral because this guy just randomly found one of our pass-a-long cards on the side of the street and decided to try to contact us. Well after we called him up and talked for a bit we found out that he was having a really hard time in his life because his parents just died and he was confused about gospel at this point of his life! After teaching him he said that he was going to read the Book of Mormon and see if this is the answer. (This was all in English because he lived three years in Australia. Let me tell you... it's so hard to teach in English now!! You get so used to Indonesian. You might know the word in Indonesian but forget the word in English! haha)

I learned from this that the lord is truly preparing the heart of people to receive this gospel!! Everyone needs the gospel! We taught a 13 year old boy and his sister (she is 17) yesterday about the Book of Mormon! You can see them in second the picture down below.

Pray for Ibu Juliana because her baptismal date is the 25th! We haven't been able to meet with her for the past week because she went to Solo but she comes back on the 20th.

Things that made me smile!

1) Singing!! If you wonder if I sing almost every moment I get.. the answer would be yes!!!!!!!!! I sing on my bike, in the house, everywhere! (I also sang in church last week)
2) Australian companion! haha Sometimes I don't understand him because of his accent but for the most part we can communicate. ;) He is great and we really are best friends!
3) Food - I eat so much! You remember that I was skinny and did not have a butt? Well, I have a butt. Let's just say that I might be filling out a little. So much good food!!

P.S. We also got the chance to do an awesome service project for a hospital! We planted a whole garden!



Rambutan!!! My favorite fruit!!!! It means hairy! It is so good but it reminds me of Monsters Inc! haha

Celebrating Valen's birthday (the one I baptized)

No comments:

Post a Comment