Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

November 10th, 2014 Letter

Now about my new companion.. well he is that oldest missionary in the mission right now. This could be his last area.. and he is a crazy new adventure by himself! He is a strong leader and I am so glad that I get to learn from this rock start missionary!!! I really enjoy all the new elders in the house and even though it is really weird because my whole mission has only consisted of a few people. Now I have all these new people in my life and it makes life very fun and exciting!!

Now with Elder Bills... hahaha this Elder is 4 days new and he has to go on splits with me in my area because my companion is the District Leader and he had to give a baptism interview in the other area... So here we are, two missionaries - one that has been there for 3 months and the other that is new.

We had great success but coming home was the hardest part because his chain BROKE!! What in the world to you do with a BROKEN CHAIN!?!?! Well I asked a lot of people who directed me to some bike stores that were already closed. So it's raining also...(keep that in mind) and we are walking the bikes "down the road" and as I think about it now it's funny because at that point it was pretty hopeless... But here's the thing - I didn't doubt for one second that things weren't going to be ok. I don't know why, but I just kept going believing that the Lord would provide a way. And he did. We asked a random person, "Where can we fix this?" (in indonesian) He said, "Well I don't know because there's no place even close to here.... but let me see it.." Now I don't know what the dude did but all O know is the bike was fixed and we got home. As I look back I really believe that the Lord was teaching me a lesson about faith. I was praying for stronger faith... (careful what you pray for right? ;)) but I developed a greater love for my Savior and his power through that experience! And that is the end of my story.

I love Elder Norris! And I know I say that about all my companions but it is so true! He is so ready to work and his attitude and happiness is the best! Also he has a very different teaching style then Elder Wood so I am excited to learn how these two experienced Elders forward the work of the lord.

I got a great opportunity the other day to take Elder Bills out in my area for a day. Now he was new 4 days and I just got done with my training... yeah you could say I was nervous. But with all nerves set aside we taught two great lessons! I believe that since I put my faith in the Lord that I could lead this new missionary the Lord gave me the gift of tongues.

Smile thingy: well rain.. theres a lot but i still love it!

Elder Troff

No comments:

Post a Comment