Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 7th, 2014 Letter - It's December!!

This week we teach people about the gospel.. I know it's different but it was great!! Actually we had a stake conference which was so cool! We had four cities there and all the talks were so strong and full of the spirit! I am just really glad that I can now actually understand what is being said!! haha

I have been out for 5 months and I feel pretty comfortable in the language! I get a lot of compliments on how good my bahasa is. Overall I feel really confident with that!!

My new catch phrase is, "I love God more than Wendy's." To explain I will tell a story! We got done with the 2 hour conference in Jakarta and drove home for about another 2 hours because of traffic! Now we are in the car with two awesome members that have a lot of money! We are about to get home and they ask, "Where do you want to eat?" Well here was the problem... it was a Sunday... but we knew that they would feed us a lot of food and pay for all of it. But we, being good missionaries, told them that we could not support them buying on Sunday! Well they took that to mean that we couldn't go with them but if they dropped us off and then went and bought it then that would be ok.. nakal! In a young, hungry, missionary's mind I thought, "Well, I guess that's their choice." I told them that we don't agree with them, so the sin is on their head (not that it really is a sin but...). So we got to the house and they said, "We will be back in a sec." But then my awesome companion said, "Really, please don't. We really don't need it... maybe another time!" They agreed and we went inside.

Well, it was Sunday and I didn't have very much food. I had peanut butter and banana bread. So I ate that for lunch and dinner. That night I turned to Elder Norris and said, "I am eating banana bread. You know why?" And he looked at me confused. Then I said, "Because I love God more than Wendy's!" So now every time it comes to being obedient I just say, "Elder, I think we should get up now. You know why?" And he knows because he responds, "Because we love God more than Wendy's." :)

Smiles are the same here! 
1) Smoothies on every corner for any flavor for only 50 cents... awesome!!
2) It's warm here too! It's a little weird to have a warm December but that's ok. I kinda like it!
3) My family's picture on my desk. I would also like a new one with the new additions to the family!

Elder Troff

HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment