Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

September 28, 2014 Letter

HELLO!
Pak Mafud has been lost again... his minister told him that he couldn't meet with us anymore and that was the end of it... ugh ugh ugh  yeah... the pyhsical things of life won this time.... but he knows that our church is true!!

This week was filled with a lot of proselyting which is not a bad thing because nothing happens until you teach but.. yeah long days in very hot weather!!!!

So my story for this week is that I had someone tell me that Joseph Smith was not a prophet and there can be no such thing.  After kindly explaining and showing verses in the bible, this man went and got a book written by a man with a PhD.... well, lets just say I have never heard anything so wrong and disrespectful to the true church in my life! One quote,  "They believe that God is superman." I mean...WHAT!!! No, we don't! And I had a moment that I now dearly regret and am sorry for where I raised my voice a little and bore the strongest testimony that I could muster! To the point that Elder Wood had to hold me back... this guy would not read the Book of Mormon but he would believe this book because he knew the guy that wrote it!! What?!!! Well there are people that are so lost... and I am just so thankful that I get to help these people find and have a relationship with God and Christ! 

I got the package!!!! Thank you so much!! I can't find the song from Dallin Bayles though.. but it is wonderful!! It took a long time to get here but know that the candy is such a great blessing!!!!!! I love it!!! 

Kayden is my Hero!! I want to grow up and have the love and dedication that that boy has!!! Like no joke!! I brag about how amazing he is to everyone!!!!

Things that made me smile:

1) Mama Valen (one of our investigators) made us the coolest shirts!!! And then some sweet vests for church!! Haha if it keeps her coming I am not complaining!! I'll send pictures next time!!

2) Jeff! He speaks perfect English and he wants to come back to church!! Quote from yesterday "Man it's hot today.. so we eat ICECREAM" Haha 

3) My bike! I am riding for most everyday all day.. so I named my bike.. Lucious is its name.. and I talk to it while I am singing... :)

I love you!!

Love Elder Troff

HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH

No comments:

Post a Comment