Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2014

October 26, 2014 Letter

Hello!!

The baptisms were amazing!!  To be part of the reason that two people are on their way to enter the Celestial Kingdom is the coolest feeing in the world!!  I started wearing a temple tie pin because of what the Mission President said in PID.  He said, "Start with the end in mind."  Baptism and confirmation is not the end!!  They still need to go to the House of the Lord!!

I am getting ahead of myself!  So this week was PID and so we had interviews with the President and then played Footsul (5 on 5 soccer) all night.  Then the next day we had a full day of learning how to become better missionaries!!  Which was great because President Donald is the coolest guy ever!!  So we set some goals to move the Indonesian mission forward like receiving 300+ baptisms next year with this year only up to around 150.

So yes, there is going to be transfers on November 6th and President told me that I will be STAYING IN TANGERANG!!  Which I am really excited about because there is so many people here that I just can't wait to see to the end!  Not to mention the amazing ward here!!  So, we will be moving to a new house because Tangerang is now going to have 4 Elders!  And guess who gets to let them know where everything is or who the people are??!!  Yep, you guessed it!!!  It's Elder Troff!!!  Yay!!  And I won't be able to lean on Elder Wood anymore which is kinda scary...but the Lord will help me!!!

So, this week has been great!  We met with one dude that we contacted on the train who seems just so interested!!  And he got so excited about the Book of Mormon!  Well, we met him at the mall (because he said his house is small and far away) and when he showed up he was wearing a shirt that had a naked lady on it! (Luckily we couldn't see anything and we could look away!)  Then went on to tell us how he could not die...and so on...yeah...after he started smoking and wanted to by us alcohol, I was pretty done.  But, he still wants to learn so we will see where that goes!  Haha, the people we meet...

WOW!  Kayden beat a Super GM!!  That is AWESOME!!!!  And the ward being dissolved...wow that is crazy!  I don't think I could handle that...I am glad I am in Indonesia!

Things that made me smile:

1) Sister Donald!  Haha this is the Mission President's wife!  Over all of Indonesia and she asked me if I would teach her how to crochet!!  Haha!  She heard about my crocheting and later I am going to show her how to read patters :)  With that, all the missionaries now know that I can crochet!  They all want ties!!  It's okay because I want friends...Haha got to love crocheting!!

2) Rain!!  So story...we were sitting in a lesson and I felt that we needed to go!  So I finished off the lesson, we prayed and left...then I felt a strong impression that we should go see someone that was new and we had only taught once!  Well, when we got there it wasn't raining, but right when the investigators brother came out, it started to rain so he invited us in and that lead to us teaching a full lesson!!  Because outside there was a foot of rain!!!  When it rains, it rains hard!!!!  But after we were done with the lesson, the rain stopped and we went home mice and dry with a great lesson taught!!  The Lord cares for His missionaries!!  Haha, this time....maybe later I'll get soaked!!!

I love you!!  Have a great week!!

Love, Elder Troff

HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH!!




No comments:

Post a Comment