Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 14, 2014 Letter

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!  I bought a wonderful pastry here!!  It's a fattening thing but so good!!  Imagine two pancakes with Toberlone in the middle!!
 
Talents are a wonderful thing!!  Our investigator finally wore a tie to church because I made him one!!!  And now the Young Women are having me teach them this next Sunday how to crochet...haha this will be exciting!!  The one white elder teaching all the sisters in the ward how to crochet!  HAHAHA so great!!!  I guess I get to finally get in some service!
 
And YES for my birthday we did get a commitment to BAPTISM!!!!  WAHOOOO!!! Next Sunday, Pak M. is going to be baptized!!  I am so excited for him!!  We were having some problems with him because his pastor in his other church (the one who gave him food when he had nothing to eat, paid so he didn't lose his house, and overall has been taking care of him) told him not to read the Book of Mormon.  And he was confused because he knows that it is the word of God! So, he told us that he is not coming to church this week because he was going to the other church.  We tried to remind him of what he knows to be true, and he said that he will ask his Pastor and if he said that it was okay, he would.  Well, we thought we had lost him...then we got a call that night and he informed us that he is coming to church!  He had already called to get a ride from one of the members because he has no other means to get there.  You could say that we were a little shocked!  Then at church he told us that his Pastor said that if he goes to our church he is never welcomed back there again, and he said, "Alright, then see you later!" So cool!!!  The gospel is so true and we are baptizing him this Sunday!!
 
We set a record in Tangerang 1 (the area I am in) with 20 lessons taught in one week.  The Lord is working miracles!!!  Nothing to do with us! (Alma 26:12)
 
Then today we are celebrating my birthday with cake and ping pong!  But the greatest present of all is to be a servant of the Lord doing his work!!
 
Things that made me smile:
 
1) Tire Repair Guys!!  They work magic!!  We were like an hour away from home and my tire exploded!!  Like it went POP!!! And the hole is the size of a quarter!!  But they fixed it and I totally got home!!
 
2)  Little kids that only know a little English!!  Haha so funny!!!  They always say, "Hello Mister!"  Hahaha
 
3) Music!!  We ride so far every day and the whole time I am just singing all my favorite church songs!
 
4) BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!  I just love birthdays!!  Like really and even though its not the same here....still happy!!
 
I love you all!!
 
Love, 
Elder Troff
 
HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH

No comments:

Post a Comment