Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Letter from August 31, 2014

Hello!!

Well, for me this week was interesting...on Monday, we got a referral to go to this house and when we got there we met with a man that had a very scary something about him.  He said he was a priest in his church and went on to tell us that we are here illegally and how he fights against us in the government to get us kicked out of the country...and just went on and on.  This was while he made sure to get his smokes and blow that into our faces.  So, after we got kicked out of there, which was after us asking him if he knows what we believe and him informing us that he doesn't need to he just doesn't like us, only one song was going through my head which was "Love One Another".  And I was like, "Well, our Heavenly Father loves him!" and I just felt for him and wished that I could bring light into his life.  Well then the next day, we met with someone that informed us that he was put into a crazy house for a month because he was freaking out about angels and devils...

I just had such a desire to help this people receive the wonderful joy and knowledge that the gospel brings!!  So that they can know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for them!!!

I don't think I could ever describe in words how Indonesia is!  There's millions of different smells going down the street...some good...some not!  The place I am in is one of the really nice places so we have neighborhoods that have the nicest houses I have ever seen and some places that don't have much at all!!  

It's hot!!!!  But that is really nice for me because I am always cold!!  So, yes, I sweat A LOT!!  I don't know whose idea it was to wear white shirts...let's just say, I have learned to get all sorts of stains and dirt out of a white shirt then hang it up in our backyard to dry!!

Things that made me smile:

1) Real Coconut!!  I full on cut it opened and drank one that some random dude that we contacted gave us...so good!!!  I'll give a picture.


2) Kerupok!  It is white crunchy stuff that goes with rice...so good!!!

3) Good attitude!!  Really this week has been hot and full of a lot of people wondering what the two white guys are trying to give them...but if you can look for the best in all situations, some of the funniest moments arise!!

4)  SNICKERS!!  It is the only normal candy here!!  And it's usually after a long day we go to the store and just sit down and enjoy a good Snickers!!

I love you all!!  Know that I pray for you!!  Until next time!

Love, 
Elder Troff

HURRAH FOR INDONESIA FOR INDONESIA HURRAH

No comments:

Post a Comment